Setting up an Integration Scenario using scenario wizard.
1. On the Integration Hub main page, choose the Scenarios tab and click on New Integration.
2. Choose Project Online & SharePoint Online scenario. This will take you to the Integration Scenario Details page.
3. In the Connection dropdown list, click New, enter PWA site URL and choose Authentication method (OAuth by default).
In Project Online connection there are three authentication options:
The 'OAuth' authentication type is a standard and preferred option. When it is used, Integration Hub is authorized to access your resources without sharing credentials. The access token is issued to the Integration Hub app by the authorization server, with approval from your side. Integration Hub then uses the access token to access and process your Project Online data and stores the refresh token for continuous integration.
Please note: If you are creating the first Integration Scenario in your Integration Hub tenant and choosing the OAuth authentication type, there might be a problem with the connection to Project Online. If a problem occurs, as a workaround, we recommend creating the first scenario using SharePoint credentials. When the first scenario is created, later on, you can change the authentication type of this scenario for the OAuth authentication type as well, if required.
SharePoint Online credentials
If the ‘SharePoint Online credentials’ authentication type is selected a connection will be set up via login and password to a connected SharePoint account. In this case, the credentials are stored and protected in the Integration Hub app. Login to the PWA and please make sure that the account used for running integrations has the necessary set of permissions.
SharePoint On-premise credentials
This type is used for Project Server 2019 and is available for Integration Hub on-premises version only. If this type is selected a connection will be set up via login and password to a connected SharePoint account. In this case, the credentials are stored and protected in the Integration Hub app. Login to the PWA and please make sure that the account used for running integrations has the necessary set of permissions.
Please note: The Project Server you add as a URL in the login field should be within the same domain as the virtual machine where Integration Hub on-premises is installed.
4. In the SharePoint List dropdown, choose the list you need to synchronize. Please note, that your list should be located at the same PWA where your projects are.
5. By default, Integration Hub will try to transfer the entities between the designated Project Online project and SharePoint Custom List items. The Create new projects checkbox allows creating a new project or a new item in the SharePoint list if no matching entities are found.
6. Click Verify configuration to check your settings.
Please note: Master Projects are not supported for integrations.
7. Click Next to continue to fields mapping.
Please note: Please refer to the Field Mapping Specifics section for details about each field type.
The Fields mapping allows you to define project custom fields and list item columns that will be synchronized.
At the Fields Mapping page, you will see your first mapping created by default, which links the Title column of your SharePoint list to the ProjectName of the project which will be created by this integration. The mapping is defined as bidirectional(=).
1. Click on Add Mapping.
2. Choose a Project field in the dropdown list on the left.
3. Сhoose a corresponding SharePoint list column on the right. Optionally, you can also choose synchronization direction (= stands for two-way mapping, where < and > define one-way data transfer).
4. Click on Verify button to check if there are any problems with current configuration. The response should read “Configuration validation result: Success”.
5. Click on the Next button.
Integration Schedule configuration
The Schedule page allows choosing between the manual (on demand) or scheduled synchronization between your list and your project.
Please note: It is recommended to set the Synchronization Start Date to the current time minus one day so that Integration Hub could recognize your recently created SharePoint list at once.
After you have configured the integration schedule, click Done to return to the Scenarios page.