Before you start configuring your Integration Scenario, please visit the Integration Hub Installation page and install the Integration Hub app to the Project Online instance from SharePoint Store.
Before you start, please make sure you have a valid license for Project Online. It is required to have a valid Project Plan 3 or Project Plan 5 license.
Before you start, make sure you have one of the following Jira versions:
Jira Work Management
8.6 or higher
(Jira Server should have an internet connection and 'HTTPS' protocol)
If you have already installed Integration Hub, review the prerequisites below to ensure that your integration will run smoothly.
Please note: These setup prerequisites are valid both for configuring one-way as well as bidirectional integrations between JIRA and Project Online.
Project Online account used for running integrations should have the following permissions:
- For SharePoint Permissions Mode - a member of Site Collection Administrators and default “Administrators for Project Web App” SharePoint group.
- For Project Permission Mode - a member of Site Collection Administrators and “Administrators” security group in PWA.
Jira account used for synchronization should meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of the default Administrators group.
- Use the default 'English (US)' locale.
- Jira legacy mode must be Disabled (Issues > ISSUE FEATURES > Time tracking > JIRA legacy mode).
- Time tracking feature should be enabled.
If you are sure to have all the required prerequisites, you can proceed to the next step: Configuring two way integration scenario.