"You have exceeded the limit for projects" error message
In this article we will review the case when you get the "You have exceeded the limit for projects" error message.
G.A. Suite counts the number of unique projects that are included in all the backup files of the licensed G.A. Suite Environment. Each backup file may contain both unique projects and duplicated ones. However, only unique projects are taken into the consideration and displayed in the License limits section on the Home page.
If you click on the Project Plans in this section, you will be able to view a list of unique projects in the currently stored backup files.
1. Manually delete unnecessary backup files that may contain unique projects.
Please note that G.A. Suite does not support the deletion of particular Projects or SharePoint Sites from the generated backup file. It means that a backup file can be only deleted along with all Projects or SharePoint Sites within the backup file. However, it is possible to exclude unnecessary Projects or SharePoint Sites from being backed up further in the Backup Schedules.
The process of excluding projects from the Backup Schedule is described in the 'How to exclude specific Projects or SharePoint Sites from a Backup' article.
The unnecessary backup files can be deleted directly from the Operation Details page. To quickly find the required project enter the project name in the search field at the top of the page.
Alternatively, if you click on the project name in the Project List window of the License limits section you will be redirected to the Operation Details page, and the list of operations that include the necessary project will be opened.
Please refer to the 'How to find a unique project in Backups' article for more details.
2. Configuring/Editing a Retention policy in G.A. Suite Environment.
Using the Retention policy settings you can stay within the limits allowed by the G.A. Suite license by deleting old backup files.
Please refer to the Retention Policy article for detailed information about retention policy settings.
3. Excluding project templates from being backed up in the existing Backup Schedule.
Apart from backing up projects, G.A. Suite backs up project templates as well.
Please note: The project template is also counted as a unique point in the total project count. If necessary, you can modify your Backup Schedule to exclude such project templates from being backed up.
To exclude project templates from being backed up follow the steps below:
1. Open the Home page and navigate to the Schedules page of the required Environment.
2. Select the required backup schedule and click Edit (the pencil-like button) to open the schedule for editing.
3. Scroll down to the Operation section of the page and click on the Selected projects option to start modifying the schedule.
4. On the Project Plans page that will be opened click on the Type field to sort out the projects by their type.
5. Exclude any templates from being backed up.
6. Click Add Selected button to exclude the project templated in the backup schedule.
7. Click the Save button at the bottom of the Edit Scheduling Profile page to apply the changes made in the backup schedule.