Retention Policy section allows you to manage retention period of your Backup files. This setting helps to make sure you will stay within the limits allowed by G.A. Suite license. Also, in case customer organization has any specific policy for data storage period, Retention Policy setting helps you to follow the internal rules of the company.
Retention Policy can be selected for backups created in the following ways:
- Daily backup schedule
- Weekly backup schedule
- Monthly backup schedule
- Manually launched backups
The following retention periods are available for each Backup type:
- older than 7 days
- older than 1 month (30 days)
- older than 3 month (90 days)
- older than 6 month (180 days)
- older than 1 year (365 days)
- older than 2 years (730 days)
- older than 5 years (1825 days)
To set up the Retention Policy for your PWA in G.A.Suite, please perform the following:
1. Log in to your G.A. Suite account.
2. In the G.A. Suite Home Page click on the environment for which you would like to update the Retention Policy settings and under the Protection Management section select Retention Policy option.
3. Select the PWA for which you need to set up a retention policy. On the retention policy page of any environment, it is possible to set the retention policy for all environments at once by switching between them in the Environment section.
3. Select the length of time after which backups should be automatically deleted and click the Save button. The backup service will automatically detect the backups that are ready to be deleted according to the Retention Policy settings and remove them.
Recommended Retention Policy Setting
The most commonly used set of configuration in Retention Policy is as follows:
- Automatically delete Daily scheduled operations - older than 30 days;
- Automatically delete Weekly scheduled operations - older than 3 months (90 days);
- Automatically delete Monthly scheduled operations - older than 1 year (365 days);
- Automatically delete Manual scheduled operations - older than 3 months (90 days).
Such settings are applicable when the organization uses Backup schedules set by our Best Practices.