G.A. Suite provides the ability to create Backup Schedules and set up scheduled backups of PWA data.
When you create a Daily, Weekly, or Monthly backup schedule, select the content to back up, G.A. Suite service will automatically launch a backup according to these settings on the date and time that you provide.
Please note: Backup Profiles are not shared between G.A. Suite environments (PWAs). The backup schedule needs to be set up for each of your environments (PWA) separately.
Follow the steps below to set up a Backup schedule for the PWA data:
1) Open the G.A. Suite website at https://gas.fluentpro.com and log in with your Microsoft or Email account.
2) On the G.A. Suite Home Page click on the environment for which you would like to create a Backup schedule, click on the Protection Management section and select the Schedules option.
3) On the Schedules page select the New Scheduling Profile option to create a new backup schedule.
4) Provide the Schedule Title, optional Description, and check the Enable checkbox to make this backup profile active.
5) Select a backup type - Daily, Weekly, and Monthly options are available.
For Daily type - select the Time Zone, which will be used by the schedule. Then select the desired time when the backup will be launched:
For Monthly type - select the Time Zone. Then select months, time, and dates on which the backup schedule will run:
6) Provide specific credentials, if needed, and validate them. You can select the required credentials from the drop-down list.
It is also possible to use multiple credentials and add a new account to the list.
Multi-factor Authentication for Office 365 users is also available. For more details refer to this article.
Please note: By default G.A. Suite uses the credentials which were provided when adding PWA to G.A. Suite. These credentials are stored and may be found on the Credentials page and Credentials Manager. If for some reason you would like G.A. Suite to use a different set of credentials, use this option.
7) Select the type of operation, which will be launched by this schedule.
Apart from Backup, G.A. Suite can also run Copy (migration of Project Online data) or Documentation or Publish Projects process according to the defined schedule:
8) Select the Content which will be backed up by this schedule:
Project Online data that can be backed up is divided into 4 sections:
- PWA Configuration - can be fully or partially backed up;
- Project Plans;
- SharePoint Sites;
- 'Default' radio button selected will include all PWA Configuration elements;
- 'Selected' option allows you to select specific elements of configuration you would like to be backed up:
- All - this option will include all Projects and Project Plan Templates from the PWA into a backup copy;
- Modified - this option allows to perform a backup of incremental (delta) Project data. Choosing 'Modified - Today, Last 2-6 days or a custom date (up to 30 days)' options, a backup of the Projects that were updated in the selected period will be created:
- By View - this option allows users to provide the name of Project Center View. The backup copy will then include only the projects, which fall under the provided View in the Project Center on your PWA.
Please note: If you select the By view option it is also possible to select the Subprojects option and include subprojects into the backup operation as separate projects. In this case, subprojects will be backed up as separate projects and it will be possible to select them separately for restore.
If this check box is not checked, then subprojects will be backed up together with master projects. In case it is required to restore the subproject, it will be needed to select the master project for restore and the subproject will be restored together with the master project and all other subprojects included in it.
Please refer to this article for more information about Master and Subprojects backup and restore.
- Selected - this option allows to select the projects, which need to be backed up manually from the list of all projects in the user's PWA. Click the '0 items selected' button.
Allow some time for the projects from your PWA to be loaded to the Project Plans selection screens. It is possible to sort them by the modified date using the drop-down on top.
Projects for selection can also be filtered by Project Center View. In this case, it is also possible to select the Subprojects option and load subprojects for selection as separate projects. In this case, subprojects will be backed up as separate projects and it will be possible to select them separately for restore.
Check the projects you would like to include in this schedule.
Please note: If you need to select the projects from different Project Center views, it is also possible. Select the required view, check the checkboxes of the required projects. Then open the next view and select the projects that you need to include in this backup schedule from this view as well. You will then see the total number of the selected projects by clicking on the Selected button that shows the number of projects that are currently selected for the current backup schedule.
The Total Items button allows reviewing all projects that are loaded to the Project Plans screen.
Also, the projects can be additionally filtered out by the Project name, % Complete, Type, EPT, Modified fields, using the button next to each field. You can provide the filtering criteria there to get faster to the projects you need.
When you check the checkboxes of all the required projects, click the Add Selected button to save the selection.
- Ignored - this option is used to exclude specific projects from the backup. The projects you select under this option will not be included in the backup. This option is useful to exclude the projects you do not need anymore. For example, you can select the 'All' option and then exclude the unnecessary projects. In this way, newly created projects will be included to the backup schedule automatically.
Please refer to the following article for detailed instructions - How to perform backup of specific project/-s and How to exclude specific projects/sites from the backup.
- All - this option will include all SharePoint Sites from the user's Site Collection into a backup copy;
- Modified - the option allows to perform a backup of incremental (delta) SharePoint Sites. Choosing the' Modified - Today, Last 2-6 days' options, a backup of the SharePoint Sites that were updated in the selected period will be created.
- Selected - this option allows to select the SharePoint Sites, which need to be backed up manually from the list of all Sites in the user's Site Collection. Please refer to the following article for detailed instructions - How to perform a backup of a specific project/-s.
- For selected projects - this option allows to backup the Project Sites of the Projects, which were selected in a section above.
- Ignored - this option is used to exclude specific sites from the backup. The sites you select under this option will not be included in the backup.
Select the checkbox in case you would like G.A. Suite to create backup copies of Timesheets. Please refer to the following article to find detailed information about Timesheets backup and restore - Timesheets Backup & Restore.
Additional Settings allow selecting if you need to migrate SharePoint document versions.
Migrate Document Versions - select this option if you need to migrate the document version history.
Delete Document Versions Before Upload - check this checkbox if these documents already exist on the target PWA. It is not possible to overwrite document versions using G.A. Suite. To upload the document versions to the target PWA, it is required to remove the existing documents from the target PWA.
Please note: If this option is on, only the documents that are selected for upload will be deleted from the target PWA, all other documents will not be deleted.
Please note: To upload document versions, document versioning should be enabled on the target PWA. On the target PWA, open the list or library that you want to enable versioning => select Settings => Library Settings => on the Settings page, select Versioning settings => set the settings as required => select OK. If the versioning is not enabled, the last version only will be uploaded by G.A. Suite.
Please note: Document ID field values and values of the "Modified By" field are currently not supported for backup and restore.
9) Provide the email for notifications if you would like G.A. Suite to inform you about the backup process completion and click the Save button to save this schedule.
G.A. Suite will validate the credentials if you have provided the specific credentials above.
The created schedule will appear on the Schedules page. You can review the information about its Title, Type of Operation, Type of Backup, and Status, which will show when the next backup process will run per the created schedule: