How to exclude specific Projects or SharePoint Sites from a Backup
This article describes how to exclude unnecessary content (Projects or SharePoint Sites) from scheduled backups.
There may be cases when Projects or SharePoint Sites selected for backup initially are no longer important and do not need to be backed up anymore.
Also, excluding unnecessary content from scheduled backups and reducing the number of projects selected for backups, it is possible to reduce the storage space used by these backups and the volume of data processed by G.A. Suite.
G.A. Suite does not provide an ability to delete particular Projects or SharePoint Sites from the generated backup file. However, it is possible to exclude unnecessary content from further scheduled backups.
To exclude unnecessary content from further scheduled backups, perform the following:
1) Open your G.A. Suite instance Home page.
2) Click on the 'Schedules' section from the left navigation panel under the necessary environment name.
3) Select the required scheduling profile where you would like to delete unnecessary Projects or SharePoint sites.
4) Click on the pencil-like button under 'Actions' to open this scheduling profile for editing.
5) To exclude some projects from the scheduling profile, select the content which will be backed up from now on. For this purpose, scroll down to the 'Project Plans' section.
6) If the previously 'Selected' option was chosen to backup specific projects, click on the number link under it.
7) To remove particular projects uncheck the projects you would like to remove from this scheduling profile in the 'Project Plans' window and click the 'Add Selected' button
8) Next, scroll down and click Save to save the scheduling profile.
If 'All' Projects were selected initially, click on the 'Selected' radio-button and click on the number link under it.
Select the required projects for this scheduling profile in the 'Project Plans' window and click the 'Add Selected' button.
9) Next, scroll down and click Save to save the scheduling profile.
10) Perform the same with the SharePoint Sites, if needed.
It is also possible to select the 'For selected Projects' option to select only the sites for selected projects to be backed up.
Click 'Save' to save the changes performed to this scheduling profile.
From now on the Projects and SharePoint Sites you removed from the scheduling profile will no longer be backed up.