1. All target Microsoft 365 groups will be created as public ones during the migration. If the migration is performed to the existing Microsoft 365 group(s), their Privacy setting will not be changed.
2. If the migration is performed to an existing Microsoft 365 group(s), the P4W connection account should be a member of that group.
3. Mapped users that are Workspace Members/Admins in the selected Board Workspaces (but not added to the Board Members) are added as members/owners to the corresponding target Microsoft 365 group if the ‘Migrate all source workspace members’ migration option is selected.
4. Maximum 250 Microsoft 365 groups can be created with a non-admin user account in the Microsoft 365 tenant. Only that number of groups will be created during the migration that will fit the limit of total of 250 groups together with the existing groups previously created by that user.
5. If new Microsoft 365 groups are created during the migration, the P4W migration account will be set as the group owner and member.
6. If ‘Create groups using Board names’ or ‘Create groups using source workspace names’ and ‘Create new or merge with existing projects’ migration settings are selected, and there are existing projects in P4W that have the same names as the migrated Boards, new projects will not be created for such Boards, but their data will be merged to the existing projects with the matching names.
If ‘Create all Plans in one group’ and ‘Create new or merge with existing projects’ migration settings are selected, and there are existing projects in the specified Microsoft 365 group that have the same names as the migrated Boards, the data from such Boards will be merged to the existing projects with the matching names.
7. If the ‘Create new and remove existing projects before creation’ migration setting is selected, and there are existing projects with names that match the selected Board names in P4W, such projects will be removed together with all their tasks before creating new projects with the same names for the migrated Boards.
1. Users themselves are not migrated from the source to the target tenant. Necessary users, whose task assignments need to be migrated, should already exist in the target tenant. The source users should be mapped with the target users in the User Mapping section for the correct assignment migration. Source and target users with different Display Names and accounts can be mapped, it is not required for them to fully match.
Task user assignments will be migrated if the source users are mapped to the corresponding target users. Mapped users, assigned to tasks, will be added:
- as members of the corresponding target Project, Project Team;
- as members of the target Microsoft 365 group (only if the source user assigned to plan the task is mapped with the target user that is an Office 365 user).
- Dynamics bookable resource.
2. Maximum total resources for a project is 150: if there are more than 150 unique assignments in one plan only 150 assignments will be added and others will be skipped.
3. Maximum of 20 users can be assigned to one task in Project. If there are already any users assigned to an existing task in the target Project, that is updated during the migration, user assignments from the source item will be added to the task up to 20 users in total. Other source user assignments to that task will be skipped.
1. Maximum of 15 attachments, files, and links in total can be added to one Project task. All file attachments from the source task will be migrated and added to the task folder on the group SharePoint site in the target tenant. However, if there are already any attachments added to an existing task in the target Project, that are updated during the migration, file and link attachments from the source item will be added to the task up to 15 attachments in total. Other attachments for that task will be skipped.
2. File and SharePoint attachments will be downloaded from the source site and uploaded to the corresponding target group site if the attachments are stored in the Shared Documents (‘Documents’) folder on the source SharePoint site of the group where the migrated Plan belongs to. Otherwise, the file or SharePoint attachment will not be migrated to the target group site, but the link to such an attachment in the source tenant will be added to a task note in the target Project.
3. Attachments are migrated to the Attachments task section if the Custom Fields and Attachments token is provided for the Project for the Web connection. If the token is not provided, all attachments will be added as links to the task Notes.
1. Only one checklist can be added to a task in P4W. In case there are two or more checklists in one Board card in Trello, the first checklists will be merged and migrated into 1 checklist having in sum up to 20 items. Other card checklists will be skipped.
2. Maximum of 20 checklist items can be added to a task in P4W. The source checklist items will be added to a task in the target project up to 20 items in total. Other card checklist items will be skipped.
3. The checklist item length is limited to 100 characters max in P4W. In case the name of a checklist item is longer than 100 characters in the source checklist, it will be trimmed to 100 characters in the target task checklist in P4W.
4. If there is an Advanced Checklist with user assignments and due dates added to the card in the source Board, only checklist item names will be migrated to the target task (as such advanced checklists are not supported in P4W).
Maximum total tasks for a project is 1000: if there are more than 1000 tasks in a board only 1000 will be migrated, and others will be skipped.
Maximum total duration for a project is 3650 working days (10 years): If the difference between the earliest source task start date and the latest source task due date is more than 3650 working days then:
- Project Start Date will be set to the date 3650 working days from the Project Finish Date;
- Project Finish Date will be set to the latest source task due date.
Tasks dates that are out of project range (Start and Finish):
- If both dates are out of project range, the dates will not be set.
- If one date is out of the project range, the second date will be set to the one that is within the project range.
Maximum duration of each task is 1250 working days: If the source task has (difference between start and due date) > 1250 working days range then the target task Start Date will be set to the same as the target Task Finish Date.
Supported date range for a task is from 1/1/2000 to 12/31/2149: if the source task dates are set to the dates that are out of the supported range then target task dates will be set to:
- if both dates are less than 1/1/2000, dates will not be set;
- if one date is less than 1/1/2000 and the second date > 1/1/2000, both dates will be set to the date > 1/1/2000.
If task notes have >4000 characters only the first 4000 will be migrated to Notes, and other characters will be trimmed.
1 date tasks: if the source task in the board has only a start or due date, such task will be migrated with both dates to the target project, the date that is not set in the source task will be the same as the one that is set.
Same Lists names: all tasks from such lists will be migrated to 1 bucket, other buckets with the same name will be created but will be empty.
New Bucket creation in the existing projects (re-migration): due to API limitations it is not possible to create new buckets in the existing projects, all tasks from new lists will be created in any existing one.
Maximum 25 Labels can be added to a Project in P4W. If there are more than 25 Labels in the source Board, only the first 25 Labels will be migrated to the target Project and set to their tasks in correspondence with the source, and others will be skipped. You can migrate source data to Labels if the Custom Fields and Attachments (PSS) token is provided for Project for the Web connection.