In this article, we will review permission prerequisites that an account used for backup should meet.
An active Asana user account with the Admin or Member role can be used for the connection to the Asana environment. An account with the Admin role is not required.
For Backup operations:
Asana Workspaces/Teams and Projects will be available for backup depending on the connection account access level in Asana. The following Asana data will be read using the connection account:
- All Asana Teams where the connection account is added as a member, an admin, or a guest (for organizations) and to which it has access.
- Asana users that are added as members or guests (Limited Access users) to the Workspaces/Teams where the connection account is a member, and users that are members of the Projects to which the connection account has access. In case an Organization is enabled in the environment, all Organization users will be read.
- All Public to Team or Public to Workspace Projects, where the Asana connection account is a Project member, an owner, or a member of the Project Workspace/Team.
- All Private Projects where the account is added as a Project member or an owner.
- All Archived Projects where the Asana account is a Project member, an owner, or a member of the Project Workspace/Team.
In order to connect to an Asana account for the first time, FluentPro Backup should be granted access to the account – the FluentPro Backup app should be authorized with Asana Consent.
FluentPro Backup will have the following permissions for reading data from Asana once the access is granted:
- Read the connection account name and email address
- Read all Teams and Workspaces that the account has access to, Team/Workspace members, Projects with Project details, Project members and owner, tasks with their details and custom fields.
- Read the name, email address, and status of Asana users that are accessible by the account
The granted access to the Asana environment can be revoked anytime from the account My Settings -> Apps by deauthorizing the FluentPro Backup app in Asana.
For Restore operations:
Currently, the same account is used for restore operations to Asana in FluentPro Backup.
The account should have permissions to:
- Create Teams and update existing ones, add users to the Team members
- Create and update Projects of Public, Private, Archive types, add users to the Project Members and Followers
- Create and update tasks and task details, add attachments
- Create local (project) and global custom fields, and update the existing local custom fields. It should be an active paid account with the Admin or Member role to be able to create and update custom fields.
- The restore account should be a member of the existing Team to be able to add members to it
- The account should be a paid one to be able to create Private projects. Also, it should be a member or an owner of the existing Private projects if they have to be updated during the restore.
FluentPro Backup will have the following permissions for writing data to Asana once the access is granted:
- create and modify tasks, projects, and comments on behalf of the connection account.