Planner -> Monday.com migration notes and limitations
1. Currently, all Workspaces will be created as Open ones in Monday.com during the migration regardless of the source Microsoft 365 group Privacy setting.
2. All target Boards will be created of the Main (Public) type regardless of the source Plan/group Privacy. The type of the existing Boards will not be changed during the migration.
3. The Monday.com migration account whose personal API token is used for the migration should have permissions for creating new Workspaces and reading the existing ones, creating and updating Boards, reading users and uploading files in Monday.com.
4. If the migration is performed to an existing Monday.com Workspace, the target migration account should be added as a Workspace Member to be able to create new Boards in the Workspace.
5. If the migration is performed to the existing Monday.com Boards (Main, Shareable or Private), the migration account should be added to the Board Members and should be a Board Owner to be able to add users to the Board Members. The account should have permissions to edit the existing Boards.
6. If the migration is performed to an existing Monday.com Workspace, it should include at least one Board. An empty Workspace cannot be found during the migration, and a new Workspace with such a name will be created.
7. Currently, Boards cannot be created in the Main Workspace during the migration.
8. Users themselves are not migrated from the source to the target system. Necessary users, whose item assignments need to be migrated, should already exist in the target tenant. The source users should be mapped with the target users for the correct assignment migration. Source and target users with different Display Names and accounts can be mapped, it is not required for them to fully match.
9. Microsoft 365 group members and owners are not added as the Workspace Owners and Members due to Monday.com API limitations (they can be added manually after the migration, if needed).
10. Mapped users, assigned to tasks in the source Plan, will be added as members to the corresponding target Board and assigned to Board items.
11. Target Guest users cannot be assigned to items and be added to the Members and Owners in the Main and Private Boards in Monday.com. If any source user, that is a group member or is assigned to tasks in the migrated Plan, is mapped to the target Guest user, it will be skipped during the migration - it will not be added to the Board Members and its assignments will not be set in the Main and Private Boards.
12. All source Microsoft 365 group members (for the selected Plans) will be added to the target Board Members if the corresponding users exist in the target system and are mapped.
13. All source group owners (for the selected Plans) will be added to the target Board Owners if the corresponding users exist in the target system, have the Member or the Admin role and are mapped.
14. The Monday.com migration account will be set as an owner and a member of the Workspaces and Boards created during the migration.
15. The Monday.com migration account will be set as the user that has created new Boards and items in Monday.com (‘Creation Log’ field) and has been the last user who has updated existing items (‘Last Updated’ field) during the migration.
16. Creation date & time for Boards and items, created during the migration, will be set to the date of the migration.
17. Last Updated time for items would be set to the time when the migration was performed, and the items were updated.
18. If ‘Create new or merge with existing Boards’ migration setting is selected, and there are existing Boards in the Monday.com Workspace(s), where the migration is performed to, that have the same names as the migrated Plans, the data from such Plans will be merged to the existing Boards with the matching names.