Before you start please make sure you have a valid license for Planner and Project Online.
It is required to have one of the following valid Planner licenses:
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 A1
For Projects Online you should have a valid Project Plan 3 or Project Plan 5 license.
The prerequisites below ensure that your integration will run smoothly.
- Project Online and Planner should be located in one Microsoft Office 365 Tenant.
- Planner app is enabled in the Tenant.
- One account is used to connect to both Planner and Project Online.
Account used for running integrations should have the following permissions:
- For SharePoint Permissions Mode - a member of Site Collection Administrators and default “Administrators for Project Web App” SharePoint group.
- For Project Permission Mode - a member of Site Collection Administrators and “Administrators” security group in PWA.
Please note: Planner account used for integration should have access to the required Planner Groups (the ones involved in the integration) and be a member of the Plans selected for synchronization.
For more details please refer to the Connection account requirements for Microsoft Planner article.
The following custom fields should be available on your PWA site (these can be created easily in Integration Hub while configuring the integration):
- Planner Plan Name custom field. The task-level Text custom field name identifies the name of the related plan in Planner.
- Planner Plan Id custom field. The task-level Text custom field name that identifies the Id of the related plan in Planner.
- Planner Group Email custom field. The task-level Text custom field name identifies the email of the Planner Group that the connected plan belongs to.
- Map To Plan custom field. The task-level Flag custom field name identifies if the task should be mapped with plan in Planner.
If you are sure to have all the required prerequisites you can proceed to the next step: Configuring two-way integration scenario (project stages).