How to filter out Projects and SharePoint Sites for Data Synchronization
In this article we will review how to filter out projects that will be included in data synchronization. This functionality may be helpful if you need to synchronize only specific projects (and the SharePoint lists of these projects) from your PWA to EPM Pulse.
Please note: Data from the Root PWA Site will be also synchronized to EPM Pulse when the projects are filtered out.
To filter out your Projects perform the following:
1. Open EPM Pulse and select the Data Management option from the EPM Pulse Settings menu.
2. Click the Manage button next to the data connection for which you want to set up the project filter.
3. Navigate to the Project OData Filter section.
4. Type in the project filter value. Any OOB or custom project fields can be used to write a query for filtering projects.
Here are several examples of the filter query with OOB projects fields:
- ProjectLastPublishedDate gt DateTime'2021-01-01T12:00:00.00' - a query to synchronize the projects where the last published date is later than the given date.
- ProjectModifiedDate gt DateTime'2021-05-01T12:00:00.00'- a query to synchronize the projects where the last published date is later than the given date.
- ProjectPercentCompleted gt 0 - a query to synchronize the projects where the %Completed is higher than 0.
These are examples of the filter query with custom project field 'Contractor' of the 'Flag' type:
- Contractor eq false
- Contractor eq true
These are examples of the filter query with custom project field 'Country' of the 'Text' type with a Lookup Table:
- Country eq 'USA'
- Country eq 'France'
- Country eq 'Italy'
When you start typing a filter value, the 'Verify' button appears using which you can check if the filter value is provided correctly.
If the filter is provided correctly the number of filtered out projects that will be included in the synchronization will be shown at once.
If the filter is incorrect, the 'Unable to apply filter' warning will appear.
If you have a new project added to your PWA and it fits the filter value, it will be also included in the data synchronization.