EPM Pulse extracts the data from the connected PWA for creating dashboards and storyboards. It does not work with the PWA data directly. The tool generates and fills in a brand-new database schema during each synchronization process.
For historical data the Snapshots are created on a daily basis by default. They include the data from the latest schema created for this day. In this way, EPM Pulse also supports reporting on historical data.
EPM Pulse On-Premises edition users may adjust the Snapshot creation schedule and its feeds.
Please note: Only users with 'EPM Pulse Administrator' permission have access to these settings.
How to change the Snapshot feeds list
- Navigate to EPM Pulse » Data Management page.
- Click 'Manage' button to expand Connection details.
- In the ‘Snapshot feeds’ section select the needed feeds to be captured in snapshots.
- Click 'Save' button and run data synchronization.
How to change Snapshot creation schedule
- EPM Pulse » Data Management page.
- Click the 'Manage' button to expand Connection details.
- In 'Snapshot Schedule' select days when the snapshots will be captured.
- Click the 'Save' button and from now on EPM Pulse will be saving the snapshots only on the selected days.