In this article, we will review how to find the Environment URL for Project for the web using an administrator, or a regular user account.
Please note: Before you start, review the Connection account requirements article to make sure your Project for the web account has the required set of permissions.
How to find Environment URL
To find your Environment URL, please perform the following:
With an admin account:
1) Open Microsoft Power Platform Admin Center by the link https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com. Log in to the Admin Center with an admin account.
2) Open the Environments page and select the Environment where Project for the web is deployed.
3) In the Environment Details section find the Environment URL and copy it as a link or as a text.
4) The Environment URL can be now pasted to Project Migrator 'Step 1 Connect to Source and Target System' in the following format: https://org111a22a1.crm.dynamics.com or org111a22a1.crm.dynamics.com.
With a user account:
Please note: A user should have a license assigned that allows accessing Power Apps.
1) Log in to Office365 with your account.
Open the App Launcher clicking on its icon in the top left corner.
2) Select to explore ‘All apps’ and search for Project Power App. Click on the Project app to open it.
3) If the Project Power App is not listed among all Office 365 apps, search for Power Apps in the apps list.
4) On the Power Apps page click on the Apps tab and select to open the Project app from the list.
5) Once the Project Power App is opened, copy the main part of its URL in the address bar, e.g. https://org111a22a1.crm.dynamics.com.
6) The Environment URL can be now pasted to Project Migrator 'Step 1 Connect to Source and Target System' in the following format: https://org111a22a1.crm.dynamics.com or org111a22a1.crm.dynamics.com.
Generating a Token
Project Migrator allows creating task custom fields in Project for the web when migrating data from Project Online to Project for the web. Also, you can map the Attachments field from Planner to Project for the web. All types of dependencies can be migrated from Project Online, Smarhseet, and Project for the web to Project for the web. To use this functionality, it is required to generate a token when connecting to your Project for the web environment (in this article Project Online->Project for the web scenario is selected as an example, for other scenarios the steps to generate the token are the same).
To generate a token perform the following:
1. Open the Project Migrator home page and select the Project Online => Project for the web scenario.
2. Connect to your Project Online environment by clicking Connect and providing your PWA URL and credentials.
3. Provide your environment URL and connect to your Project for the web environment by clicking the Connect button.
4. Click the Download P4W Token Generator button.
5. When the Token Generator is downloaded, open it and click Connect.
6. Log in to your Project for the web account with the same credentials you used to create a connection in Project Migrator.
6. Copy the generated token.
7. Paste this token to the 'Create Connection' window in Project Migrator and click Proceed.