G.A. Suite Features Overview
|Backup/restore/copy of PWA configuration including:
|Enterprise Lookup Tables||+|
|Enterprise Lookup Tables Values||+|
|Project level Enterprise Custom Fields||+|
|Resource level Enterprise Custom Fields||+|
|Task level Enterprise Custom Fields||+|
|Resources: Identification Information||+|
|Resources: User Logon Account||+|
|Resource Custom Fields values||+|
|Resource Calendar Exceptions||+|
|Users||+ (2, 3)|
|Project Server Security Groups||+ (2)|
|Project Server Security Categories||+ (2)|
|Project Server Security Templates||+ (2)|
|Project Server Security PWA Permissions settings||+ (2)|
|Project Detail Pages||+|
|Custom Web Parts||+ (4)|
|Enterprise Project Types||+|
|Enterprise Project Type association with Project Site Template, Project Plan Template, Workflow||+|
|Time Reporting Periods||+|
|Task Settings and Display||+|
|Drivers (Driver Library)||+|
|Portfolio Analyses||+ (5)|
|Dependencies in Portfolio Analyses||+|
|Quick Launch links||+|
|Groups AD sync||-|
|Users Group membership||+ (2)|
|Additional Server Settings and Reporting settings||+|
Backup/restore/copy of Project Plans including:|
|Projects: EPT and Workflow association, skip to stage||+|
|Project level Custom Fields values||+|
|Task level Custom Fields values||+|
|Projects: Tasks Status Manager setting||-|
|Projects: Driver Impacts||-|
|Project Owner||+ (1, 2)|
|Resource Engagements of committed type||+|
|Resource Engagements of proposed type||-|
|Resource Engagements of draft type||-|
|Subprojects, Master Projects||+|
|Master Projects with two and more levels of nested Subprojects||+ (7)|
|Resources: assignment attributes||+|
|Project Permissions||+ (2)|
Backup/restore/copy of SharePoint content including:|
|Sites association with Site Template||+|
|List association with Site Columns (Web Fields)||+|
|List association with Content Types||+|
|List association with List Workflow||+|
|List customizations: Forms, Form Settings||+|
|List customizations: Managed Metadata fields and Keyword Settings||+|
|Document Library content (files, documents)||+|
|Document Library Folders||+|
|Document Library Views||+|
|Document Library association with Site||+|
|Document Library customizations: Forms, Form Settings||+|
|Site Content Types||+|
|Site Columns (Web Fields)||+|
|Site Master pages||+|
|Solutions (Site Templates)||+|
|Managed Copies of files in Document Libraries||-|
|Document Libraries Document Version History||+|
1) Project Owner will be set only if the corresponding Resource is a User.
2) PWA must be in Project Server (or Classic) Permission Mode.
3) G.A. Suite does not back up/restore users in Active Directory.
G.A. Suite backs up/restores Project Server resources and users, in a case that an appropriate user account already exists in the Active Directory on the PWA (exact match of Display Name is required).
4) If server code is used, then Solution must be installed in the PWA.
5) Known issue: Portfolio Analysis Baseline Scenario with Constraint Type: Resource is not backed up/restored
6) All timesheet lines will be restored as personal tasks.
7) Migration of Master Projects with two and more levels of nested Sub-projects is not supported when performing the migration in the usual way. However, there is a workaround to migrate Master Projects with two and more levels of nested Sub-projects described in this article.
G.A. Suite has certain limitations related to the backup/restore of Project Online data.
The following content cannot be backed up/restored/copied:
- Workflows developed in Visual Studio
- All kinds of reports that use a database connection (reports that use OData will be backed up/restored)
- Due to the Sharepoint security implementation, it is impossible to backup or restore limited access permission levels. Please refer to this article to learn more about Sharepoint permission levels.