When uploading projects using Upload Projects from FPP Files wizard with the Skip Projects to Stage option turned ON, FluentBooks does not skip projects to a specific workflow stage.
There is a number of workflow-related issues that can prevent FluentBooks from successfully skipping a project to the correct stage. A workflow will not skip to the stage if:
- This stage/phase is not available in the target workflow.
- The target workflow was created incorrectly and cannot be started manually.
- The target workflow was created incorrectly and cannot be skipped to a specific stage manually in the browser.
Please refer to the 'How to add "Skip to stage” functionality to workflow' article for detailed information on how to add a “Skip to stage” functionality to your workflow in SharePoint Designer.
Before uploading projects to target PWA using Upload Projects from FPP Files wizard with the “Skip Projects to Stage” option turned ON, make sure that the target PWA meets the following prerequisites:
- Workflow phases and stages are migrated to the target PWA.
- Workflow itself is either migrated or re-created in the target PWA.
- Enterprise Project Type (EPT) that is set for the project that you migrate, has to be migrated to the target PWA and correct workflow has to be associated with this EPT.
Please note: You can use FluentBooks “Download PWA Configuration” and “Upload Configuration to PWA” wizards to migrate Workflow Stages, Workflow Phases, Workflows and Enterprise Project Types.
If the target PWA meets all the prerequisites, but FluentBooks does not skip the project to the correct stage, verify if you can skip this project to the required stage manually in the target PWA.
To do this perform the following steps:
- Open PWA Settings for the target PWA and in the Workflow and Project Detail Pages section click the Change or Restart Workflows option:
- On the Change or Restart Workflow and Skip to Workflow Stage page, first choose Enterprise Project Type from the list, then choose one/multiple projects for which you are going to restart the workflow.
- Select the “Restart current workflow for the selected projects” option and choose the workflow stage to which workflow should skip
- Click OK to restart the workflow and to skip this workflow to the selected stage.
- Allow the workflow some time to restart and to skip to the selected stage.
If workflow did not skip to the correct stage after you performed the steps listed above, then something is wrong with the workflow or any of its components. Please verify the workflow and correct the issues before you proceed with project upload.
If workflow skipped to the correct stage after you performed a manual restart and skip to stage in PWA Settings in the browser, but FluentBooks still does not skip projects to the correct stage when uploading projects from FPP files, please feel free to contact the support team at email@example.com.