Custom integration scenario interface
Apart from the predefined scenarios, IntegrationHub allows creating custom integrations.
To create a custom integration scenario, navigate to Integration > Scenarios page and click on the New Integration button.
On the page which opens, click on the Create Custom Scenario button in the upper right corner. The Integration Scenario details page will open.
Source App Details
This section includes options for the supported source systems where the data in your custom scenario will come from:
- App type. Type of the data source application
- Message type. Allows choosing one of the supported events which will trigger a sync (e.g. creation of a new project in Project Online).
- Connection. Allows choosing the credentials which will be used in the source system for this sync.
Target App Details
Includes options for the supported target systems where the data in your custom scenario will be transferred:
- App type. Supported target application
- Message type. Allows choosing the action to perform during sync (e.g. creating a new work item in VSTS).
- Connection. Allows choosing the credentials which will be used in the target system for this sync.
Allows to define which specific messages in the source system should be processed by this integration scenario by creating Filter Rules.
This section includes scenario name and description, schedule and advanced options.
Linked integration - allows using cached data of an existing integration in your scenario.
Poll source processing - allows setting automated/on demand synchronization schedule.
Disabled (Archived) - if this checkbox is marked, the integration scenario will be disabled.
Enable external triggers - if enabled, allows launching this scenario from external sources using IntegrationHub API. To learn more about this option, please refer to this article.
You can learn more about the allowed script context in this article.
To see an example of advanced scenario configuration, you can use any of the default integration scenarios created previously.
Navigate to the Integration > Scenarios page, click the ▼ down arrow icon next to any scenario and choose Edit. On the page which opens, click the Advanced Edit button in the upper right corner to see all the configuration options.